[Talk-GB] Tactile markings at UK bus stops?

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 10:48:49 UTC 2021

I don't think the national guidance actually recommends tactile paving
at bus stops. I suspect especially in London it would quite
significantly increase the cost, and it might make streets a bit too
"busy" given the density of bus stops in some places.

Incidentally some of the examples SK53 provided appear to contravene
the national guidance on tactile paving - both the corduroy (general
warning) and lozenge (LRT platform edge) patterns are specifically
noted as "not recommended on raised bus stops".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/918353/tactile-paving-surfaces.pdf

Russ