[Talk-GB] Household Waste Recycling

Paul Berry pmberry2007 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 10:15:20 UTC 2021

Seconded: access is a crucial detail (along with opening hours and types of
waste accepted).

I'm generalising from the dozen or so HWRCs I've visited in Yorkshire but
none of them allow walk-in visits. You have to be in an enclosed vehicle.
(There's probably a very good H&S/public liability reason for this.)
Furthermore, certain vehicles are banned (no commercial waste), some
require an extra permit, and all require proof of residence of the driver
before entry is granted. So I suspect many other local authorities have
similar arrangements.

They are one of those features that are not only impossible to armchair map
in any detail but actually require a resident to drive through the facility.

Regards,
*Paul*