[Talk-GB] Household Waste Recycling

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Mar 22 16:58:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021 at 10:15, Paul Berry <pmberry2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> They are one of those features that are not only impossible to armchair map in any detail
> but actually require a resident to drive through the facility.

One of my local (but not the nearest; so I've never been there) HRCs
was mapped as a node, tagged simply "amenity=recycling".

Yesterday, I added tags for name= , and wikidata=

I similarly added to the Wikidata item operator=, street-address= and
an alias for its name, as well as improving the description.

I did all this from my armchair, having reviewed both the local
authority's and its commercial partner's webpages for the site, and of
course the Wikidata item itself, which was created as part of the
initiative described in Jez's OP.

There is much that can legitimately be done to improve OSM, and
related Wikidata items, from armchairs, especially during COVID
lockdown.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing