[Talk-GB] Stiles in the Peak District missing a stile tag

Tim Saunders tim_s_63 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:16:51 UTC 2021

My understanding is that the British Standard for stiles (BS5709:2018) stipulates that they should ALL have at least one upright handhold.  Not wishing to shell out a few hundred quid for the BSI document itself, the documents here are a reasonable surrogate https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/3328/Guidance-on-stiles-and-gates.  In practice, many do not come anywhere near the standard of course so I am not wishing to detract from the idea of tagging.

Regards,

Tim S