[Talk-GB] traffic island mapping / harmful detail?

Jon Pennycook jpennycook at bcs.org.uk
Wed Mar 31 14:19:00 UTC 2021

I agree - as a cyclist and pedestrian, I see the world differently to
motorists. It makes a difference to me if I can dash straight across a road
in one go, or need to follow a dog leg between two or more separate sets of
traffic lights.  Sometimes, such a crossing may have different types -
toucan or pelican for some parts, but uncontrolled for one part, which
would be impossible to map with only one crossing node.