[Talk-GB] Glenmuckloch mine

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu May 6 12:43:19 UTC 2021

I sit on the fence as to whether a new tag is needed. To my mind, open
cast mines and quarries are the same thing except for the rock/mineral
being extracted.

I've been progressively mapping all the active and abandoned, (but still
visible!), mining and quarrying in the Northern Pennine Ore Field with a
view to an eventual OpenMineMap. To that end, I found it useful to tag
the resource(s) being extracted. May be that would be a/the answer
here.  I've used mineral=* sensu latu for the gamut of lead to coal to
limestone to peat. resource= is a possible alternative.

And while we are on the subject, another useful experimental tag I have
been using is man_made=spoil_heap.

Mike

https://www.avg.com