[Talk-GB] Residential flat above an unconnected business

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun May 16 12:20:31 UTC 2021

On 16/05/2021 13:07, David Woolley wrote:
> On 16/05/2021 12:26, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>>
>> Map *what* with the business type as the main tag (if not a node)?
>> Most people are going to do the building outline, I'd say.
>
> You mark an area, e.g. the pub and its gardens.

If you want an example of that sort of mapping, have a look at Alfreton
(for example https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/116338631 , which is a
shop and https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/116320109 which is the
building that it is part of).

If I was mapping an area like that from scratch I'd probably use nodes
for the shops etc. and ways for the buildings, but mapping "an area for
each shop" is perfectly valid and arguably better, if harder to edit
afterwards.

Best Regards,

Andy