[Talk-GB] administrative divisions in the UK

Michael Tsang miklcct at gmail.com
Sun May 16 14:36:43 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I'm checking out the administrative divisions in the UK. They are mapped in
the ground in England, Scotland and Wales. However, there are no subdivisions
mapped in Northern Ireland.

Moreover, I have found that there are some inconsistencies between the UK and
Ireland. For example, in Ireland, provinces are mapped with admin_level=5 and
(ceremonial) counties (which currently no longer have an administrative
function) are mapped with admin_level=6, while counties, in the local
government sense, are mapped with admin_level=7. If we apply the same scheme
into (the currently unmapped) Northern Ireland, it will be out of sync with
what is mapped in Great Britain, where (ceremonial) counties are not mapped as
administrative boundaries and counties, in the local government sense, are
mapped with admin_level=6.

How should we deal with this, especially when administrative boundaries within
NI are added?

Michael
--
Sent from KMail