[Talk-GB] Residential flat above an unconnected business

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon May 17 10:13:22 UTC 2021

On 16/05/2021 23:41, Oliver Simmons wrote:
> You said yourself in your previous email,  OSM isn't a
> business/similar directory, so I think mapping as nodes would be most
> appropriate.

If you have enough information to map the business as a building part,
you have enough information to map it as an area.  Mapping it as a node
is throwing away information.  That's not specifically an argument for
building part; it could be a pure shop= area.

Doubling up on main tags is quite a common optimisation by mappers, so
consumers really should be prepared to handle it.