[Talk-GB] [Talk-transit] Mapping train services in Great Britain

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon May 31 21:50:34 UTC 2021

On 31/05/2021 22:18, Michael Tsang wrote:
> The problem with GB railways is that each departure serves completely different
> stops, which means, if we strictly follow the "one variant = one relation"
> model as in current PTv2 schema, we have to map each departure as distinct
> relations on the map, because each departure serves different stops, which mean
> they are different variants.

I think you are putting the servant before the master here.  The public
transport schema is there to model the world; I feel that you want the
world to fit the schema.

I don't think you should go beyond fast and slow trains in subdividing.

I'm also a bit concerned as to where the data is coming from.  This
feels like it might be an undeclared bulk import, possibly using data
without appropriate licenses.