[Talk-GB] Tagging a phone box that only allows free phone calls

Edward Catmur ecatmur at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:55:33 UTC 2021

On Thu, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:13, Robert Skedgell <rob at hubris.org.uk> wrote:

> On 04/11/2021 10:37, Mat Attlee wrote:
> > Today I stumbled upon a phone box with the sign "Free phone calls only,
> > no cash accepted". Is there a tag that makes that clear? For now I've
> > added a note to it https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/9223429117
> > <https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/9223429117>
> >

> fee=no presumably applies here, but doesn't fully cover the situation,
> neither does emergency=designated.
>
> If it's in London, the intent is probably service:drug_dealing = no :-)

More likely the intent is advertising=poster_box / advertising=screen. The
advertising is the real purpose of the installation; the phone is just
there for planning permission.

I think payment:coins=no would cover this. (Also payment:cash=no if you
want to be thorough.) Does it have a credit card slot or contactless pad?