[Talk-GB] OpenStreetMap in the news: solar energy facilities

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 08:46:14 UTC 2021

Dan & I have been talking about this. The data is CC-BY 4.0

I've already compared the data with OSM in Europe & China, and will be
writing a short diary post imminently (there's a map on the wiki which I
can't link to right now, which has the doi url for he data).

Broadly the data looks highly reliable, and identifies quite small
installations. There are a few false positives on polytunnels in Eastern
England, but given our coverage of solar farms such things will be very
obvious in any delta between the two sources.

More links should appear tomorrow in weeklyOSM.

Jerry