[Talk-GB] UK address project update

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 12:39:52 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 at 18:28, Michael Booth <boothym at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I suggest that you change from using green and red dots, as that will cause issues with colourblind users - use a different shape if you really must keep the colours.

Entirely my fault - I did realise this very shortly after I put it
live, but I hadn't had time to fix it yet and now we have several
threads talking about red and green dots so I don't really want to
change it too much. I have tweaked the colours now so they are about
as deuteranopia-safe as possible while remaining recognisably red and
green (for those with colour-blindness, the green dots are the lighter
ones, and you can always switch the layers off and on to be sure).

On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 08:56, Adrian via Talk-GB
<talk-gb at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> It looks like the conversion from British National Grid to WGS84 has been done using the Helmert transformation. This results in position errors, see the discussion on this list in October 2020. If you load the json version of one of the inspire tiles into JOSM, you can see how it matches up with the OSMUK Cadastral Parcels. You will need to change the extension to .geojson before JOSM will open the file.

I think this should be fixed now. I had moved the database and I
didn't realise that the magic environment variable which fixes
everything wasn't set.

Cheers,

--
Russ Garrett