[Talk-GB] London Overground / TfL Rail as part of National Rail

Michael Tsang miklcct at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 16:44:51 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 20 November 2021 16:03:13 GMT David Woolley wrote:
> On 20/11/2021 14:21, Russ Garrett via Talk-GB wrote:
> > On the ground, it's abundantly clear that London Overground is operated
> > by TfL.
>
> We are talking about the lines, and if you apply on the ground logic to
> most lines you are likely to end up with a result of undecidable, as
> they are used by more than one train operating company and also by
> tourist and goods services.

The whole topic of this thread is just about the train services, but someone
have brought Network Rail into confusion here. Network Rail is totally
irrelevant here except that some major stations have operator="Network Rail".

On the ground, London Overground is operated by TfL so should we tag
operator="Transport for London" into the Overground lines, where the
contracted operator should not be relevant? For all intents and purposes from
the passenger, London Overground is operated by TfL and Arriva is just a
subcontractor.

Michael

--
Sent from KMail