[Talk-GB] Multipolygon relation rendering issues - Peebleshire, Glentress Forest. Any ideas please?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:08:57 UTC 2021

On 26/11/2021 09:14, James Derrick wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> On 25/11/2021 23:31, Andy Townsend wrote:
>> It's a valid polygon:
>>
>> gis=> SELECT count(*) FROM planet_osm_polygon WHERE (osm_id = -7911616);
>>  count
>> -------
>>     95
>> (1 row)
>
> Thanks for confirmation that the current state is valid.
>
> As there previously were some incomplete areas (JOSM relation editor),
> that sounds like a fix - Phew!
> (snip)

Not news to you, but for the benefit of anyone not familiar with it,
JOSM's relation validator is pretty good at predicting what will and
what won't be valid.  For the benefit of anyone not familiar with it, in
JOSM "File / Download Object / relation XYZ / download object" and then
click the "validate" button at the bottom right.

Generally speaking warnings won't stop something being a valid
multipolygon but errors will, although if you see "coastline" errors you
probably just need to download some more data by doing this:

  * right-click an example of the error
  * zoom to problem
  * File / Download Data / Download from OSM / Download
  * Validate again

If there's a problem you don't actually need to edit it JOSM; just fix
it in your editor of choice and go through the "validation" process
afterwards in JOSM (I regularly alt-tab between JOSM and Potlatch 3 when
doing this).

Best Regards,

Andy