[Talk-GB] Golfing tags seem to conflict with walking tags

John Aldridge jpsa at cantab.net
Fri Nov 26 10:25:39 UTC 2021

On 26/11/2021 09:43, Ken Kilfedder wrote:
> Many golf courses do have permitted footways that the public can use; so
> we shouldn't end up assuming that all paths on all golf courses are
> closed to the public.

Absolutely: here are a couple of example I've recently walked along myself.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map?X=584415&Y=267350&A=Y&Z=115
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map?X=553495&Y=279360&A=Y&Z=115

Not only are they clearly marked as rights of way on OS maps, but
signage on the ground confirms that status (often associated with a
warning such as "for your own safety, please keep to the marked path").

John