[Talk-GB] Golfing tags seem to conflict with walking tags

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:10:52 UTC 2021

On Fri, 2021-11-26 at 12:43 +0000, SK53 wrote:

> From personal experience finding the path of rights of way on golf
> courses can be quite hard, even with decent signage (this one for
> example). We have around 2,300 PRoW in England crossing or impinging
> on golf courses (overpass query, please dont all run it!).

I do remember my first Ramblers training day, about 30 years ago using
The Round across a golf course, golfers were helpfully pointing out the
path even though we were supposed to be using our map and compass.

https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=17&lat=52.711326&lon=-1.21808

Phil (trigpoint)