[Talk-GB] Komoot Cycle Routing in UK

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 08:26:07 UTC 2021

Thanks for taking this on, and I agree with your statement that apps get
people fiddling around without knowing what they're doing.

One of my moans about Komoot as a regular user is almost the opposite
though - they make it easy for users to add things onto their overlay,
but then keep that info (mostly guidebook type stuff rather than real
mapping anyway, but not always).  The stuff that's more relevant to the
underlying map is (not) handled through flagging.  Better to cut out the
middleman, log in to OSM, and deal with it if it's a map error.

Bugs in the software (or perhaps in the management, in the sense of not
planning for different rules in different countries) are harder.

Chris

On 10/10/2021 13:37, Andy Townsend wrote:
> On 20/09/2021 23:55, Robert Skedgell wrote:
>> On 20/09/2021 20:22, SK53 wrote:
>>> I just noticed someone posting on twitter
>>> <https://twitter.com/carlmyhill/status/1440015626421116932> that Komoot
>>> was routing cyclists along trails where cycling is forbidden in
>>> Richmond
>>> Park (fine apparently £60). Apparently Komoot treats all
>>> highway=track &