[Talk-GB] Official wild camping spots, and poo bins, but not for dogs

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 17:18:44 UTC 2021

Thanks James,
this was actually a bike trip, mostly road and on a tourer, but a
bikepacking setup and some gravel; mostly wild-camping but a few nights
on campsites. I didn't do much surveying, not having time (it was
supposed to start with Bristol to JoG on a tight schedule I couldn't
keep) but do have a few map notes to edit in.

I'm familiar with motorhome/cassette toilet emptying points, and while
the connection hadn't occurred to me, I'd be wary of risking any
overlap:  In the same areas, inconsiderate motorhome wild-camping is an
issue, and I wouldn't want to risk someone tipping a toilet cassette
into one of these bins (people do worse).

If coining waste=human_excrement is acceptable, I'll do that.  TBH I
doubt anyone's going to check the species, and I wouldn't have thought
twice about using a dog waste bin instead.

Chris