[Talk-GB] Mapping of Kielder Forest(s)

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 10:28:16 UTC 2021

I realised that while the open data doesn't seem to be good enough for
mapping the detail of the forest, it probably is still useful for the
outline.

So I've added it as a multipolygon here (tagged with landuse=forestry):

I've applied some simplification to this (there are a few places where
only roads are part of the forest outline), and I've attached the
boundary to the outline of Kielder Water/Bakethin Reservoir to avoid
duplication round there.

I think it should be useful, if only for identifying where there might
be fences. I think in some locations the geometry of this outline is
obviously a bit offset and it can be manually corrected, especially
where it coincides with residential landuse.

Hopefully this one is useful at least, and at some point we can work
out how to render it sensibly...

Russ

--
Russ Garrett