[Talk-GB] Viticultural Areas and Appellations

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Sep 23 21:01:20 UTC 2021

I'd like to make a proposal to include what we call in the US as
AVA, American Viticultural Area. These areas where grapes are grown are
protected by law from others using the AVA name when the grapes are sourced
from another area. I believe France and Italy have other names for these
areas. I understand that France and Italy also include other food items.

Does the UK have similar laws? I'd like to use the proper British English
name for these in my proposal.

BTW - I'm not proposing to create a boundary, only include the AVA in the
landuse=vineyard tagging scheme. Some of the AVA boundaries can be huge.

Best,
Clifford

--
@osm_washington