[Talk-GB] Swales

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 09:21:00 UTC 2021

On 24/09/2021 10:05, Chris Andrew wrote:
> Are these also known as 'balance tanks'?

Yes. Also balancing ponds, Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDS),
retention ponds, attenuation ponds and run-off ponds. And, probably,
other names that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

The generic OSM word, according to the wiki, is "basin". I'm not
entirely happy with that - to me, a basin is part of a canal system (eg
Froghall Basin on the Trent and Mersey Canal) - but it's not a hill that
I'd die on.

Mark