[Talk-GB] Viticultural Areas and Appellations

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Fri Sep 24 10:10:35 UTC 2021

Wary of opening a can of worms around the B-word: I've seen articles
suggesting it's going to be complicated, and far from just a matter of
EU and UK schemes being compatible (lots of rhetoric around the common
market, recognition of food standards, etc.).

For our purposes it's probably best to consider that similar schemes
exist is a variety of places. and should have a common treatment as far
as possible.

You're right of course on the French term, also commonly "AOC", and the
wikipedia article for it has some further reading and more international
terms

Chris