[Talk-gh] OSM in Ghana, Way forward

Alert Bouterse alert at bouterse.com
Mon Jun 20 22:47:42 UTC 2016

Dear mappers,

I have I idea already for years, how to enlarge the group of mappers. It
starts with the youth. I wass thinking about contacting schools ( SHS) as a
guest lesson (Geography) about awareness of a needing  good map and teach
them how to edit there own environment. Starting with paper prints and
filling the details. And then as a next step, how to edit the map. My only
problem is that I don't live in Ghana. That way you can make the youth
enthusiastic about our goal and let the number of volunteers grow.

I saw some material to use to teach on http://learnosm.org/en/
Hope to hear you're vision on this.

Greetings,

Alert Bouterse