[Talk-gh] OSM in Ghana, Way forward

Alert Bouterse alert at bouterse.com
Wed Jun 22 19:05:15 UTC 2016

Silvester, thanks for your enthusiasm. Meeting wil be a bit difficult,
cause I am living in the Netherlands, but we can "meet" on this medium.
Greetings,
Alert
Op 22 jun. 2016 20:13 schreef "Sylvester Adjapong" <adjapongs at gmail.com>:

Wow , this is interesting, just last year as i sat with Enoch to draft a
proposal on mapping in education.

We can meet and have in-depth discussion on this but hey! guys, you can
read what we put down a year ago so we can get the conversation started.

Ideas worth sharing......Thanks

Sample of drafted proposal______________________

The School Mapping Project, Ghana (SMP, GH)  is a non-profit initiative
co-founded and started by Sylvester Adjapong (Founder, MapOut Ghana) and
Enock Seth Nyamador (Openstreetmap Lead, Ghana). It is a project-based,
service-learning oriented program that provides students with skills and
technical know-how on the importance of mapping and how to contribute to
mapping their schools and environment using OpenStreetMap (OSM) and other
open source softwares to help contribute to the development of open data
and their  communities and country at large.

At its heart, SMP, Ghana is a coordinated effort with Code for Ghana to
provide today’s students with a fun-packed educational atmosphere that
allows them to gain insight into their own abilities to acquire and use
mapping information, solve problems and develop valuable experience from
mapping and learning about Geographic Information Systems (GIS) using
OpenStreetMap (OSM).

Our goal is to reach out to 100 schools in the 10 regions of Ghana by the
end of 2016 and as such your school has been selected based on our
selection criteria.
This is just a sample of what we wrote for the proposal to send to schools!

Cheers,
Sylvester

*SYLVESTER ADJAPONG © 2016*

*"That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power
of God"  - 1 Corinthians 2:5 KJV*
<https://www.facebook.com/NANAsilky.jnr>
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/sylvester-adjapong-287422a2?trk=hp-identity-name>
  <http://instagram.com/sylvesteradjapong>