[Talk-gh] School locations

Bjoern Hassler bjohas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:42:03 UTC 2016

Hi all,

What is the status of primary / JHS / SHS locations in Ghana on OSM?

I know that some countries do have full data with locations and other data
(such as pupil numbers) available (though not necessarily imported into
OSM). However, in Ghana I have not come across such complete databases.
Sometimes the databases are managed non-governmental organisations (who may
charge for access). I have not come across such a database (with
geolocations) in Ghana.

I do know that some very limited data is available from some NGOs, but
there are other NGO/GoG projects running, that may have further information
(or could collect geolocations).

Does anybody know? Is anybody interested in pursuing this?

All the best,
Bjoern