[Talk-hr] Fwd: Imagery Offset Database

hbogner hbogner at gmail.com
Ned Ožu 31 20:07:20 UTC 2013

Prosljedjujem

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Imagery Offset Database
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:15:26 +0400
From: Ilya Zverev <zverik at textual.ru>
To: Talk <talk at openstreetmap.org>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.gis.openstreetmap

Hi! I'm proud to announce the Imagery Offset Database: a centralized
offset bookmarks and calibration geometries storage. At the moment it
consists of:

- API: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Imagery_Offset_Database/API
- JOSM plugin:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Imagery_Offset_Database/Quick_Start
- Web interface: http://offsets.textual.ru/

The principles behind IODB are described on its wiki page,
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Imagery_Offset_Database . I have been
developing it for about a year, and I consider it the second best way to
solve the imagery offset problem (the first best is to realign imagery
by a provider). You just adjust an imagery layer, but instead of
creating a local bookmark, upload it to the server. And before aligning
imagery layer you can check whether someone did it before.

I'd like to thanks mappers from Russia, Poland, Ukraine and Finland,
who added 364 entries to the database in the past week and helped me
test the plugin and the data model. Right now only JOSM users can use
the database, but I hope iD would support it, and maybe some other
editors: the API is really simple.

While the OSM database is in read-only mode, I suggest you transfer
your JOSM offset bookmarks to the server. You will need a
mirrored_download plugin, to check that your bookmarks are still valid
and fit data and traces. And don't forget to check if someone uploaded
an offset ahead of you.

All data in the database is published hourly in XML and JSON formats
under PDDL license.

IZ

Više informacija o Talk-hr mailing listi