[Talk-ht] PAHO Medical Facilities

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc at arkemie.com
Wed Feb 3 08:32:11 GMT 2010

Kate Chapman a écrit :
> Hi All,
>
> I converted the PAHO medical facilities data into OSM format.
> http://github.com/wonderchook/PAHO_to_OSM.  I also included the rules
> file.  If anyone needs files in another format or anything let me
> know.
>
> I chunked it up into 26 files so people could work on it.  The tags
> associated with each facility are ones that are important to WHO/PAHO.
>  We want to make sure we include data that is going to be important to
> these organizations.  They are willing to contribute data back to us
> from the ground, but we need to include information that relates to
> humanitarian efforts.  In my experience working with this data there
> have been many circumstances where the OSM positional accuracy is
> better, something to keep in mind when resolving the discrepancies
> between the two datasets.
>
> The most important information is the health_facility:paho_id that is
> the universal ID for medical facilities in Haiti and will allow OSM
> data to interact more easily with other systems.
>
> This is our first attempt at using the Humanitarian OSM tags in the
> wild: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags
>
> We made every attempt to continue to use already existing tags.  The
> wiki might need to be cleaned up a bit to match what is in the .osm
> files.
>
> To summarize:
>
> 1. We want OSM to be the source of this type of data
> 2. In order to be the source we need to include info of importance to NGOs
> 3. Yes the Humanitarian Tags are a draft but we need to start somewhere.
> 4. If there is something drastically wrong let me know and we'll
> figure out how to fix it.
>
> I saw emails flying by regarding workflow I'm not sure the best way to
> figure out who is working on what.
>

> Thanks for all your assistance and hardwork.
>
> Kate Chapman
> User:wonderchook

Great Kate !

To know who is working on what, may I suggest using this shared
spreadsheet, where I entered items for each chunk file, where everybody
working on this is welcome to register, so that others know what is
being worked on :
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An_LB2U4zHBzdFRNR3dGczQycnZUcTJ6S2JjZ1o2dGc&hl=en
?
(in the "Who" sheet.)

Also, I have a question on the chunk files, as, at first sight, the
split does not seem to be by close location (but maybe by order in the
master file ?) : are possible duplicate entries in the same chunk ? I
think this would be an important asset for collating. That a person
working on an area easily see all the related items.
(see for examples of duplication :
http://sites.google.com/a/netspective.org/haiti-health-facilities/home/master-spreadsheet-discussion/view-submitted-corrections-issues)

Or maybe you have already managed to collate all the duplicate entries ?

If it is not already the case, would it be possible to split the points
by geo-location ?
(In case it could be useful, Mike has offered tools, see:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ht/2010-February/000080.html)

Thanks,

Jean-Guilhem
User:jgc