[Talk-ht] PAHO Medical Facilities

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Wed Feb 3 16:09:17 GMT 2010

Hi,

a first mapper has started to import a chunk from the PAHO/WHO dataset
as described in
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#Importing_the_PAHO.2FWHO_dataset

Does everybody agree that we can start importing the data provided by
Kate on github ? Tag names OK? Values OK?

Regards
Karl

Hi,

thanks Kate for the data.

We maintain a section on the OSM wiki related to importing and cleaning
up health facilities in the OSM database.
I've added the information about the PAHO/WHO list too
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#Importing_the_PAHO.2FWHO_dataset>

I've proposed an approach for importing the PAHO/WHO list, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#Importing_the_PAHO.2FWHO_dataset

I think we should discuss it first before we actually start working on
it. If we agree on how to do it we can launch the task and track its
progress. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#Importing_the_PAHO.2FWHO_dataset
provides a link to the discussion page

Regards