[Talk-ht] Mapping Request: Mapping Radio and TV Stations _ Help needed!

Sandra Sudhoff s_sudhoff at cartong.org
Thu Feb 4 15:49:27 GMT 2010

Hi,

to give more details, the data is hosted in Google Spreadsheets and the
skin (+ link) can be downloaded from here:
<http://www.cartong.org/Files_for_public_download/Radio%20Stations%20Hai
ti.kmz>
http://www.cartong.org/Files_for_public_download/Radio%20Stations%20Hait
i.kmz

We are of course still updating; we mapped everything we could get hold
of, but some of the stations are misplaced still and of course the
attributes (operational etc ) are updated as soon as we get news. The
list is now around about 230 stations, I do not think it will get much
bigger, but we already noticed that some stations we had initally in
there, actually ended up being the same and had just name changed etc;
so just to give you an idea that the data is still in flow.

Let me know the best way how to feed the data to you, I can export as
CSV, which will be static then, though, but it butchers up the encoding
when I do that; unless anyone can give me a pointer how to avoid to do
that? Best of course would be if there could be feeding from the kml.

Cheers
Sandra