[Talk-ht] new version of the Master Health Facility List (v2) (was [Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Location of IDP, Hospital and Police facilities])

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Fri Feb 5 17:17:43 GMT 2010

Hi

the master list has been converted into OSM files and posted on github
and the converted OSM files already include strange charactes, i.e. <tag
k="name" v="CDS de Las Cahobas (UnitT de Maladie Infectueuse)"/> in
http://github.com/wonderchook/PAHO_to_OSM/blob/master/medical_facilities8.osm
(UnitT should be Unité).

I'd suggest not to fix spelling in OSM but rather run a second,
automatic and improved data propagation step after the first import. If
necessary, names should be fixed in the master list. We can then make
sure that accents in the master list are properly converted into UTF-8
and we can then update the names of the health facilities. Depending on
how the set of Humantiarian Tags evolves, we will also have to transform
the currently used tags for health facilities. But again, we should do
this with scripts once the relevant OSM objects have the PAHO id
assigned.  Or in short: (1) import and deduplicate manually,  (2) update
with scripts.

Regards
Karl