[Talk-ht] Onboarding new mappers

Paul Williams pjwderby at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:12:22 GMT 2010

There is a huge amount more that can be done to improve the map in
Haiti in general.

Many of the rural areas are not mapped at all or only partially
mapped, with several villages or hamlets where no roads, tracks or
paths are shown that link these to other places.

Additional details can be added to the map such as landuse and mapping
individual buildings. We can make use of the high resolution aerial
imagery available in many areas to create a highly detailed map.

Also, there are many areas where the precision of the mapping of roads
etc (possibly where only low resolution imagery was initially
available) can be improved.

Paul
(Paul The Archivist)