[Talk-ht] Administrative boundaries - What happened en La Vallée

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Tue Feb 16 18:58:08 GMT 2010

That’d be me. Someone imported the level 10 boundaries with no names
or codes, so I’ve started creating the missing relations using the
pcodes worksheet that was posted on talk some time ago for the
information and an old set of shapefiles used for the original
imports which had the old pcodes in, but let me locate the relevant
sections. Perhaps wrongly I assumed that the 214-0n sections were
all in the 214 commune and that the boundaries previously imported
were out of date, but I felt it more likely that there have been
boundary revisions since those previously imported and some web
searches to try and find newer shapefiles while unsuccessful did
turn up one or two pages which supported this theory.

I’ve been working back from department pcode:1=10 to add the missing
relations and most recently have started on department pcode:1=5,
documenting the relation numbers as I create them on the wiki:

e.g.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Boundari
es/Artibonite

(though on that particular page I’ve only done the pcode:2=511
commune so far).

Ed