[Talk-ht] TR: POI -Map

Vincent Auvigne vincent.auvigne at ekipaj.com
Tue Feb 16 22:19:28 GMT 2010

I can’t make it easy to understand, but I can try to tell what I would like.

Today I will only comment the English version because it’s the one I have on
my computer (because I’m in Spain?).

We have to think this as a tool to be used by non-mappers who should
nevertheless be able to read the map and to help update it. For example
persons from the "Collectif Haïti de France" who could be very interested by
the “Communication” map because they have projects to help journalists and
press in Haiti. It would be great for them to have this map in their
web-site (but they are currently overbooked).

So what could we find on this map

-          The other media with their specific icons (newspaper, press
agency, TV station)

-          A button to switch language (English / French / Kreyol)

-          A search box to search one of the communication POI

-          The possibility to close the information pop-up

-          A button to download the list of POI (CSV format ?)

-          Instead of “OSMBugs” “Report information” which would link to a
window

o   “To add or correct an information you can directly click on the map
(with a link to OsmBugs) or mail information to (email of a contact, it
should not be Jan but someone “in charge” of the data ) or be involved in
the OSM project (with a link to OSM home page)”

-          Instead of “here you can switch to the haiti-best-wms-image
(Source:
<http://hypercube.telascience.org/cgi-bin/mapserv?request=getCapabilities&ve
rsion=1.1.1&service=wms&map=/geo/haiti/mapfiles/4326.map> WMS-Data)” “custom
the map”

-          I don’t think the button “OsmTags” is usefull in a
non-mapper-reader-oriented-map. Better a “More Info” button with a link to a
page to explain the map and the project.

What do I guess could do the “Collectif Haiti de “France”

-          Help to update the map

-          Translate to Kreyol

-          Publicize the map on their web-site.

-          Help to find a volunteer to help to maintain the map

What do you think of that ? Perhaps we could open a wiki page to discuss
this project, but I’m not used in this.

Vincent