[Talk-ht] How is osm displayed on those garmins?

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Sun Feb 21 19:43:49 GMT 2010

Hi Hans,

Hans van Wijk schrieb:
> Is there some website that displays the osm Haiti map in the same way as it
> is displayed on the machines that are used in the field? With that I mean
> the same tags are rendered and in the same colours with the same icons and
> all that. And is the note and the fixme tag visible there?

Some screenshots for the All in one Garmin Map are here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/All_in_one_Garmin_Map

Note, you can enable and disable individual layers, have
the device in night or daymode and at different scales
and showing different areas. And the map is released
every 30 minutes so the requirement same, same, same
is hard to meet:)

With some luck Haiti related screenshots of GPS devices
will show up in the "media" section of:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:WikiProject_Haiti

Greetings,
Frieder