[Talk-ht] River ways : How to treat Duplicates

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Mon Feb 22 12:05:31 GMT 2010

Pierre

These additional ways are not duplicates, as they do not follow the same path as the main river.  If you delete the shorter ways then the islands will "disappear" from the map.

There are two possible methods of mapping these islands.

1) the simple method, which has been used in your example, where the main river is drawn as one way, and the path of the river round an island is drawn as another way.

2) use areas and relations,  here the main "outside of the river" would be drawn as one way, the island would be drawn as another way, and both would be added to a multipolygon relation.

David