[Talk-ht] Need Help Managing Mapping Requests

Margie Roswell mroswell at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 04:49:27 GMT 2010

Hmmm... the acronyms alone stopped me right there, before even getting
to the content (sorry!)

I'm just really seeking a to-do list of items
- that I can either handle, or learn to handle.
- where I can feel useful.
- that I could potentially train others to do, as well (such as
identifying tent areas, if I knew the best place to direct people)

I can get in and out of JOSM at this point (I'm still getting
super-pixelated WMS images, hoping to resolve that on Saturday). I'm
fully functional in potlatch, to the extent that potlatch is capable.
And, of course, I made the YouTube Video: "How to load a Haiti basemap
onto a Garmin GPS" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFxbfemJfBM

But really need a sense of direction, now that that's done.

Thanks (very much!) to whomever's been filling in the boundaries, and
lat-longs at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Imagery_and_data_sources#WorldBank_Imagery

Unfortunately, I missed tonight's CrisisCamp call, where I was hoping
to get a sense of direction.

Is there any overlap between this email list and the CrisisCamp folks?

And more specifically, will anyone on this list be at DC CrisisCamp on Friday?

Best Regards,

Margie