[Talk-ht] Transparent Garmin 10mContour Map of Hispaniolia

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 06:20:00 GMT 2010

Hi all,
I have the Transparent Garmin 10m contour map of the island of Hispaniola,
(as a mapsource installer) along with the IMG files.
I also have the 20m contour IMG files available.

I posted the details to my wiki profile, as im not sure how usefull this
will be to users on the ground.
the maps have been tested, and it works great, with loading the other 2
mapsource installer files (the OSM base data & the disaster relief map).
If it IS usefull, please add the links and reference to it on the main Haiti
wiki page.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Acrosscanadatrails

This is a proof of concept, so it means that i can create the same thing for
any spot on the planet, as these contours are from SRTM data.
These very same contours are the same ones that you see on the
OpenCycleMap.

Feel free to pass it around and share as you like.

Also, keep in mind that this contour map is not exclusive to the
OpenStreetMap data, any Garmin map can be used with this contour layer
map... But of course, it makes the most sence to use the worlds best
map anyway :)
oh ya, and both transparent contour maps (10m & 20m) can be used at
the same time (turned on and off as needed)

hope that helps
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails

p.s. Having studied the contours, im sure the hiking trails up in the
mountain range are breathtaking.

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog:  http://Acrosscanadatrails.blogspot.com
Skype: samvekemans