[Talk-ht] Support to Data imports for Haiti

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sat Jun 19 14:30:38 BST 2010

Hi

 > Health Facilities might eventually require some reconciliation work
with preexisting OSM non PAHO HFacs data

During the first seven import iterations of the PAHO/WHO HFac list a of
effort went into reconciling it with other OSM data related to health
facilities
(hospitals, also field hospitals which in the meantime might not be
there any more). From iteration to iteration we had less and less know
potential
duplicates or questionable location data. A short list of currently know
issues is available here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Haiti/Status/Hospitals#How_to_deal_with_data_problems_.3F

The PAHO/WHO HFac list is now maintained differently than it was 5
months ago. To the best of my knowledge, Shoreland is now maintaining
the master list , see www.travax.com/m <http://www.travax.com/m>.
Unfortunatelly, I didn't manage to run another import iteration from the
new source, but I still plan to
do so in the next few weeks.

Regards
Karl