[Talk-ht] google earth to map survivors...

Brad Neuhauser brad.neuhauser at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:27:39 GMT 2010

You know in reading the article, it sounds like they're using Google
Earth (the application) to view a kml of camps/data over imagery.  I
don't think OSM is the answer for what they're doing--even the
haiticrisismap doesn't have those sort of kml in it, as far as I can
tell, but maybe there are other sites that mash things up?  The
article doesn't talk about Google MapMaker or roads data at all.

I *am* curious about what data is used on the maps in the Mapping and
GIS section of http://www.cccmhaiti.info/, which was referenced in the
article.

Cheers,
Brad