[Talk-ht] Adding Schools to the Map from Addresses

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Tue Mar 16 19:34:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

nominatim may help. Take the first row in the spreadsheet, for instance.
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=Rue Waag,Port-au-Prince
<http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=Rue%20Waag,Port-au-Prince>
shows the map with Rue Waag in Port-Au-Prince,
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=Rue%20Waag,Port-au-Prince&addressdetails=1&format=xml
<http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=Rue%20Waag,Port-au-Prince&addressdetails=1&format=xml>
is the same thing in structured XML and with a breakdown of address
details and with a bounding box.

These kind of queries are pretty easy to run automatically for 3900
schools. And the output helps to better
understand where these schools are expected to be located.

Regards
Karl