[Talk-ht] Lost Bing Coverage for SW Haiti!?

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Sat May 28 22:40:29 BST 2011

Hi there,

Would anyone here happen to know or, perhaps, be able to find out what has
happened to a bunch of Bing coverage for South Western Haiti?

I posted about this in detail (with screen captures of the lost coverage) to
my blog on Mapping
Haiti<http://mappinghaiti.posterous.com/haiti-sud-lost-its-bing-aerial-imagery-covera>
.

In short, the issue is that in November last year the Southern department (=
South Western Haiti) had a pretty good coverage in Bing imagery -- in
February this year, no more.

It would always be nice to have more than less but this is a bit of a
humanitarian issue and getting the coverage back would help improve OSM
quality and hence the quality of the only decent map of Haiti in a pretty
wide area.

If you know how these lost areas could be brought back available (or know
someone who might know for that matter!) I'll buy you a beer of your choice
for getting the coverage to where it was!

Cheers,
-Jaakko

--
http://osm.org/user/jaakkoh