[Talk-ht] Starting up JOSM with more memory

Jaakko Helleranta.com jaakko at helleranta.com
Dim 18 Mar 20:50:26 GMT 2012

Hi all,

While doing remapping at HC (GRU) with Brian, Serge and Xavier we're
setting up our JOSMs to reserve more memory (so we won't into the annoying
Out of Memory error messages that sometimes cause data loss and are always
a nuisance).

In Windows you need to simply create a shortcut with (more or less) the
following information:

* Name: whatever you want (I use JOSM tested - because that's what I'm
running)
* Target: [path to your java.exe]\java.exe -jar -Xmx[amount of
memory]M (e.g. I have C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe -jar -Xmx512M)  "[path
to your JOSM .jar file]\josm-tested.jar"  (e.g. I have "C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Desktop\josm-tested.jar")
... So, my Target field reads:  C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe -jar
-Xmx512M C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\josm-tested.jar
* Start in: [Java.exe directory] -- I have: C:\Windows\System32\

That's it!

-Jaakko

--
jaakko at helleranta.com * Skype: jhelleranta * Mobile: +509-37-269154  *