[Talk-ht] [HOT] HOT TM jobs for Sandy's affected areas in Haiti/Jos Tasking Manager de zones affectées par Sandy

Brian Wolford worldwidewolford at gmail.com
Jeu 8 Nov 19:50:54 GMT 2012

Hey Fred,

I don't quite follow what the problem is with the Validator. You are using
the JOSM Validator?

Looking at the buildings in Fonds-Verrettes briefly the new buildings are
looking good.

One criticism I would have is the source=* tag.

Most buildings are tagged as:
building=yes
source=COSMHA
source_date=*
source_type_imagery=yes

>From what I can tell the buildings were traced from Bing using a good
offset.
the source tag for this should then read
source=Bing

I would go on to say that the "source_date=*" and the
"source_type_imagery=yes" are unnecessary because the date of edit
is visible by viewing the object history and we know imagery was used if
the source is Bing.

As for tagging it from COSMHA I believe the settled on approach was to use
a tag "cosmha=yes" or cosmha:project=yes".
How ever I do not think it is essential anymore to tag everything with
COSMHA anymore and perhaps would be better to declare COSMHA affiliations
in OSM user profiles for users.

-brian