[Talk-ht] [activation hotosm] Hurricane Matthew response : Imagery/UAV coordination and support to local Haitian UAV capacities

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Sam 8 Oct 16:42:54 UTC 2016

Hi Nico,

As you say, you and Fred have extensive experience in Hait and working
with international partners in Haiti. Fred is actually on the ground
in Haiti. You and he would be the best to coordinate him flying
missions.

This is not something HOT does, we do not coordinate or push for UAV
missions in disaster zones with notoriously complicated airspaces. We
rely on, and UAV missions need to be handled, by professionals, which
you and Fred are, so I expect you should be able to handle making the
proper arrangements and coordinations.

I already suggested who to contact, UAviators, they have coordinated
UAV missions in disaster zones in the past numerous times in
conjunction with UN-OCHA. That is HOT's contact, I passed it on to you
already.

This is all HOT can do, except eagerly anticipate the imagery Fred's
missions generate.

Regards,
Blake