[OSM-talk-ie] Sources of data

Robert Fitzsimons robfitz at 273k.net
Tue Oct 9 15:22:46 BST 2007

I've been keeping busy mapping large section of south Dublin, mostly
taking different routes to and from work, and I've run out for major
routes/roads to cover.

I've done a little searching for other sources of data and I've come up
with the following:

http://www.irishhistoricmaps.ie/historic/
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search/index.php?category=17
http://www.dublincity.ie/gaeilge/living_in_the_city/your_home/Services_for_Community/sr_idainmneacha_bhaile_tha_cliath.asp
http://www.cil.ie/flat_areaEQLlighthousesAMPSetIDEQL1_entry.html

The question is can we use them as is, or do we need to ask for more
permission?

An other item I've been wondering about is county boundaries.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1993/en/act/pub/0031/sec0010.html

>From reading this the definitive boundaries are on original maps, we
can get copies but are the copyrighted (Oireachtas Copyright?)?  Could
we trace the copies?  What about a clean room trace?

Robert