[OSM-talk-ie] The State of the Map conference - no venue chosen - promote likely venue in Ireland

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:24:25 BST 2007

It's always dangerous as a Dubliner to comment on a suggestion like this but...

On 09/10/2007, Ken Guest <ken at linux.ie> wrote:
> The OSM/State of the Map Conference for 2008 will be held in July 2008 - no
> venue has been chosen yet and I think everyone in talk-ie should band together
> and propose that the conference be held in University Limerick.

You haven't indicated this, but I'm assuming that you have the
necessary contacts to organise this.

> As we well know, other conferences have been held there, it is close to Shannon
> for people to come and attend and accomodation shouldn't be a problem. Also,
> for any one attending that weekend, there is plenty in the area, local and
> general, to be mapped.

Some very valid points there - though of course, the loss of the
Heathrow connection won't make things any easier. Direct flights will
be hard for a lot of the non-UK mappers to find.

Dermot