[OSM-talk-ie] The fillet of Munster

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 10:25:22 BST 2007

Hi Folks,

Possibly the first post? In any case, it was great to meet a bunch of
you in Balbriggan on Saturday. After leaving, I did some driving
around Mosney and took the long road home. A bunch of new stuff is now
mapped.

I've also, based on a nice long trail from Christian, plugged the gap
in the M/N8. Cork is now reachable (or Dublin if that's how you feel
about it). It's looking OK, but the detail of the northern roundabout
and southern motorway end point is likely to be iffy in the absence of
junction detail.

I've also got the beginnings of some perl processing logic for the
data file we were discussing. I've been able to parse it easily and
have the beginnings of a node object that should lend itself to
import. However, the fact that the same unique item can have several
rows in the data file (for different languages and/or categories of
names) will mean my existing structure will need some enhancement.

Dermot