[OSM-talk-ie] The fillet of Munster

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 21:01:04 BST 2007

On 03/09/07, Christian van den Bosch <cjb at cjb.ie> wrote:

> The other end starts at the roundabout where the M8 joins the old N8
> (the bypassed part of which has now been renamed and reduced to 80km/h,
> of course). I should have plenty of tracks of that route too.

I've already uploaded the new information for the northern end (with
northbound off ramp bearing left and up to a second roundabout). Is
this a dumbbell interchange with two roundabouts joined by a bridge
(or underpass?) with the carriageways flaring and the intention to
push the mainline north under (or over) the bridge? if so there's one
adjustment I still need to make.

> I'll likely tackle the N24 and N9 from this weekend's traces myself, or
> perhaps get Shaun to do so.

I'm already started on doing that from one of the traces - I'm just
uploading the old route through Mitchelstown (and the little bit you
drove north of the bypass). If the API ever finishes, I've already
broken the rest of that GPX into portions (JOSM doesn't like that much
data at once). It's virgin territory once I clear Cahir (or is that
Caher), so it'll be very quick, API permitting. If anyone else wants
to start, I'd suggest starting at the north and working south (ideally
off your southbound trace, since the M9 is currently only present
northbound). We can then co-ordinate so we meet in the middle.

Or if, as looks likely, the API isn't playing tonight, then you may as
well crack ahead on anything I haven't managed by then.

> I also uploaded a track from Dublin to Galway I was given by a mate -
> it's on the API, and at http://openroad.ie/ew-dub-gal.gpx.gz - perhaps
> you might fancy taking a look at that?

I'll certainly look at the Loughrea section, since the existing N6 as
mapped goes through the town. Also west of Oranmore, which I chickened
out of last time.

Dermot