[OSM-talk-ie] The fillet of Munster

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 22:12:13 BST 2007

On 03/09/07, Christian van den Bosch <cjb at cjb.ie> wrote:

> Spot on. Looks like the M8 is to continue under the bridge. Currently
> the northbound carriageway splits into both roundabouts (with vigorous
> signposting to use both lanes for both Fermoy and Dublin), and the
> southbound is only linked from one.

Ah, that's handy - that's exactly what I've ended up with on the map,
but it seemed wrong.

> I've taken the bypass before (and again, I have logs of that, somewhere)
> so this time I followed the old route; next weekend I'll take the bypass
> again en route to Scotland, and upload the log before I lose it :-)

The bypass is already mapped. It may bear some cleaning up, rounding
out of roundabouts and that, but it seems fine to me as is (well, it's
my work...).

> Realistically I'm not going to find time in the next two weeks for a
> variety of reasons, so anyone else is more than welcome to pitch in.

Right, I'll probably manage it in that timeframe. Keep watching the
Osmarender layer at zoom >= 12 to see how far I get.

> I should have an old log from Cork to Galway too, and many from Cork to
> Limerick (return journeys all). Remind me to have a dig for those if I
> haven't already uploaded them to the API.

I stumbled upon one of yours like that, so no worries.

Dermot